Take your first step toward becoming a
CAPPA Labor Doula™ today!
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Are you ready to begin offering the very best in professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program, in addition to preparing you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Your fee for this course includes:
18 hours of personal instruction on all the topics listed below, a CAPPA Labor Doula manual with over 200 pages of current research in the childbirth field, practical techniques & skills for your practice, and information to help you get your business started. Plus, you will receive automatic membership in our local professionals’ group for ongoing support and further education. The workshop will cover:
* CAPPA certification and policies
* Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
* Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
* Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
* Support for every stage of labor and birth
* Hands-on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
* Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
* Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
* Cesarean and VBAC support
* Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
* Breastfeeding initiation and support
* Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
* And much more!
As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability. Above all, we are known for our commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student & member support.
Do what you love with an amazing organization!
Whether your goal is to begin a new career, enhance your current position, or for your own enrichment, this training will start you off in the right direction! To see all the requirements for certification, click here to visit the CAPPA website.
Click below for details or to register. Come experience the CAPPA difference
February 10-11, 2018
at Greater Life Chiropractic on Tyvola Rd.
$450 early bird pricing ends January 10 ($500 regular price)
I love to travel!! If you would be interested in hosting one of my trainings in your area, contact me to see if we can work it out!
If you are already a birth professional in North or South Carolina,
check out our new gathering place for ongoing support,
encouragement, information and advanced education!