The Art & Science of Childbirth
Many say childbirth is strictly science. Others say is it more art than science. The truth is – you need both! Natural Abundance classes are taught by Laura Speece, CLD®, CCCE®, NLE who is trained and certified by CAPPA, a leading organization in the field of Childbirth Education. As such, Laura’s classes are not limited to one method alone. Instead, they take a broader, but strictly evidence-based, approach to education.
The information taught in the classes is drawn from the best of a variety of methods and includes only what has been shown time and again to be the most effective for supporting the mother and baby’s natural progression through labor, birth & postpartum. Science will show us the how your body works and why natural comfort measures are so effective. The Art of childbirth is in learning to listen to your body and discern which methods to use at which time, as well as how to make the best decisions for yourself and your baby.
If you would like to:
- understand the anatomy and also the physiology of childbirth,
- be able to identify the stages and phases of a natural labor,
- learn how to know when it’s time to go to the hospital, as well as ways to manage that transition,
- practice a wide variety of comfort measures, breathing techniques and birthing positions,
- be able to sift through all the information that comes your way and separate childbirth facts from myth!
- equip yourself to speak knowledgeably with your care providers about your desires for your birth,
- write and learn how to get the most out of a birth plan,
- be confident navigating your options and making choices as labor progresses,
- learn what pain relief options are available during labor and discuss evidence-based reasons for choosing them!
- make an informed plan for post-partum, newborn care and breastfeeding
- including natural alternatives for mother’s and baby’s health and healing,
- an introduction to infant massage, and
- ways that dad can help during these first few months!
Then, this is the class for you!!!!
Private, In-Home Childbirth Classes $200
Childbirth classes are offered in-home and personalized to your unique needs. Classes are 4 weeks of 2-hour sessions. They may also be combined into 2 weekend classes of 4 hours each.
Your course fee includes:
8 total hours of instruction, in-home
Support for follow-up questions by phone or email as needed throughout the series
1 childbirth education workbook plus additional handouts, as needed
Access to my recommended reading list and local resource list
The Art & Science of Childbirth is now available online!! I have compiled ALL of the course materials and put it into written, video and audio formats so that you can have the full class experience from the comfort of your own couch. This class includes information on pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum, newborn care and breastfeeding. It includes projects and activities for you to complete on your own. You may also contact me via email with any questions while you are working your way through the course!
When you click the button below, you will be taken to the Vintage Remedies Learning Center website where the course is hosted. You can see more details about the logistics of the online class there.